Acquisition Technical Due Diligence Services
MBM’s Building Consultancy division were recently engaged to provide Acquisition Technical Due Diligence services for a large Melbourne Business Park comprising of:
- A site area of 8.382ha;
- Three mid-rise office's – generally dating from 2010’s;
- Six industrial units – generally dating from the 1980’s;
- Two multi storey carparks;
- Review of a proposed Quest Hotel development and new mid-rise office block.
With a report needed within eight days of the inspection and given the timescale and size of the premises, two in-house teams undertook an inspection with including assessments of:
- Structure, fabric and finishes;
- Building services (mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulic);
- Vertical Transportation (lifts and escalators);
- BCA (Building Code of Australia) review;
- Town Planning review of the site (sub-contracted);
- 10 Year CAPEX and deferred maintenance plan.
MBM’s Building Consultancy Team comprises of senior experts who specialise in their given fields and are backed by an award-winning Facilities Management advisory division as well as a leading Quantity Surveying team; ensuring our client’s technical and cost risks are minimised and are articulately presented. MBM were able to provide our client a combined report with sufficient advice required at short notice resulting in a successful acquisition process. The value of the transaction was $168M.
MBM have since been engaged to provide post-purchase services including Building Consultancy and Quantity Surveying at the site.
If you require pre- or post-purchase property advice, please do not hesitate to contact our experts on:
NSW 02 9270 1000 , VIC 03 9603 5200 , QLD 07 3234 4000